- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (180g each) chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1 medium brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 cup light sour cream
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Fresh chives, finely chopped, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Heat half the oil in a flameproof baking dish over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until light golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 2Reduce heat to medium. Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add stock. Simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat (see note).
- Step 3Stir in sour cream. Season with pepper. Return chicken to dish. Transfer to oven. Bake, turning chicken occasionally, for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with chives. Serve with steamed rice.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Remove baking dish from heat before adding sour cream to ensure sauce doesn’t separate.
- Author: Kirrily La Rosa
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas