This super-crispy Mexican-spiced chicken schnitzel, served with a spicy slaw, is on the table in under 10 minutes.
Chicken schnitzel with slawPrint Recipe
- 80g sachet garlic and herb schnitzel mix
- 2 teaspoons Mexican chilli powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 500g chicken schnitzel (uncrumbed)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons chipotle hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 250g packet rainbow slaw
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Combine schnitzel mix and chilli powder in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place buttermilk in a separate bowl.
- Step 2Working with 1 piece of chicken at a time, dip chicken in buttermilk, then toss in breadcrumb mixture to coat evenly. Place on a plate.
- Step 3Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in 2 batches, turning for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Step 4Meanwhile, combine yoghurt with hot sauce and lime juice. Place slaw and coriander leaves in a large bowl. Add yoghurt dressing. Toss well to combine. Serve chicken with slaw and salad.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Publication: Taste.com.au
Leave a Reply