- 8 (600g) chicken tenderloins, trimmed
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 600g kipfler potatoes, scrubbed, halved lengthways
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup extra-light sour cream
- 1 gherkin, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill sprigs
- 1 tablespoon capers, to serve
- Baby rocket, chopped, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Place 1 piece of chicken between 2 sheets of baking paper. Pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin until 1cm thick. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Step 2Lightly grease a baking tray. Place flour on a plate. Whisk egg and milk together in a shallow bowl. Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and garlic powder in a shallow bowl. Coat chicken, 1 piece at a time, in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture, then coat in breadcrumb mixture. Place, in a single layer, on the baking tray. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 200°C. Place potatoes in a roasting pan. Spray with oil. Season with salt. Roast, turning occasionally, for 25 minutes.
- Step 4Spray both sides of chicken with oil. Place in oven above potatoes. Bake, turning chicken halfway through cooking, for 15 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through and potatoes tender.
- Step 5Meanwhile, combine sour cream, gherkin, dill and capers in a bowl. Season with salt.
- Step 6Divide rocket and potato between plates. Top with chicken. Dollop with cream mixture. Serve with lemon wedges.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Amanda Lennon
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas