- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 500g chicken stir-fry strips
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- You'll need 8 pre-soaked bamboo skewers.
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Step 2Combine peanut butter, stock, soy sauce and lime juice in a bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Step 3Thread chicken onto skewers. Place, in a single layer, on prepared tray. Spoon over half the peanut mixture. Turn to coat. Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Step 4Place remaining peanut butter mixture in a small pan over high heat. Cook for 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Step 5Place skewers on a large plate. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Serve with sauce.
You can omit the peanuts and replace the peanut butter with FreeNut butter for an allergy-friendly version.
- Author: Lucy Nunes
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas