- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 150g baby spinach
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- Steamed basmati rice, to serve
- Chapati bread, to serve
- Step 1Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, ginger, paprika and turmeric. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add spinach and stock. Cook for 5 minutes or until spinach has wilted. Set aside for 10 minutes or until cooled slightly. Process until almost smooth.
- Step 2Heat remaining oil in pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden and just cooked through. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Step 3Add spinach mixture to pan. Season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until simmering. Remove from heat. Stir in yoghurt. Serve with rice and bread.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Chapati is an Indian-style flatbread available from the supermarket.
- Author: Abi Ulgiati
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara and Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas