- 750g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- Olive oil spray
- 8 (400g) chicken tenderloins, trimmed
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 75g Greek feta cheese, crumbled
- 100g baby spinach
- Step 1Preheat oven to 240ºC/220ºC fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin on prepared tray. Spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Step 2Heat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Spray chicken with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a board. Cut in half diagonally.
- Step 3Combine chickpeas, feta, spinach, pumpkin and chicken in a bowl. Serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Serve with: Lemon wedges.
Budget tip: Use 400g chicken breasts instead of tenderloins and save around $1.83 in total.
- Author: Jenny Fanshaw
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas