- 750g chat potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, thickly sliced (see note)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Step 1Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water for 10 to 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Set aside to cool. Halve potatoes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 5 to 6 minutes each side, or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover. Stand for 5 minutes. Slice chicken.
- Step 3Arrange lettuce, potato, chicken and egg on serving plates. Drizzle with dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with onions. Serve.
Cook’s note: To hard-boil eggs, place eggs (at room temperature) in a medium saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat, stirring occasionally (this helps the yolks stay centred). Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 3 minutes for soft-boiled, 5 minutes for medium-boiled and 7 minutes for hard-boiled.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas