- 400g chicken mince
- 65g (1/4 cup) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 celery stick, trimmed, chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
- 2 green shallots, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried (packaged) breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 rashers bacon, rind removed, cut in half crossways
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Combine the mince, mayonnaise, celery, parmesan, shallots, parsley, breadcrumbs, rind and garlic in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Divide mince mixture into 8 equal portions. Use your hands to shape portions into 7cm patties. Place 1 slice of bacon on a clean surface. Top with a second slice to make a cross. Place 1 mince patty on bacon and fold to enclose patty. Repeat with remaining bacon and patties.
- Step 3Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add patties, seam-side down, and cook for 7 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Step 4Arrange patties and salad on plates. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: L. Bakota Serpentine (Reader)
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste