- 3 medium (450g) desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 medium (450g) orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1/4 cup Alfa One rice bran oil
- 4 (150g each) crumbed chicken schnitzels
- 2/3 cup tomato pasta sauce with basil
- 2/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Step 1Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place potato and sweet potato in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Place on prepared tray. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook schnitzels, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through, adding extra oil if needed. Transfer to a foil-lined baking tray.
- Step 3Preheat grill on medium. Spread 2 tablespoons pasta sauce over each schnitzel. Top with cheese. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Serve with potato mixture.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
To serve: Salad leaves.
- Author: Jenny Fanshaw
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas