- 250g dried rice stick noodles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 350g chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 4 shallots, cut into 3cm lengths
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, halved
- 240g jar pad Thai paste
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 65g (1 cup) bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 55g (1/3 cup) roasted unsalted peanuts
- Step 1Prepare the noodles following packet directions. Drain.
- Step 2Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking. Stir-fry half the chicken for 3 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Step 3Heat remaining oil in the wok over medium heat. Stir-fry carrot and shallot for 1 minute. Add snow peas and pad Thai paste. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until vegetables are tender crisp. Make a well in the centre. Add egg. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until egg is almost cooked. Add noodles and chicken. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until combined. Top with the bean sprouts, coriander and peanuts.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sonja Bernyk
- Image credit: Chris Jones
- Publication: Australian Good Taste