- 1 barbecued chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 cups chicken consomme
- 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 175g fresh Singapore noodles, chopped
- 420g can sweet corn kernels, drained
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Step 1Remove skin and meat from chicken carcass. Discard skin and bones. Finely slice or shred meat and place in the fridge until required.
- Step 2Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add green onions and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Add consomme and stock. Bring to the boil.
- Step 3Reduce heat to medium-low and add noodles. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Step 4Add corn kernels, chicken and soy sauce. Stir until well combined and cook for 2 minutes or until chicken and corn is heated through. Serve with dinner rolls.
Hint: Chopping the noodles will make it easier for the kids to eat them. Note: Consomme is a light, full-flavoured stock available in supermarkets. You can use a different chicken stock or water if you don’t have any chicken consomme on hand.
- Author: Dixie Elliott
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas