- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup laksa paste
- 4 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 250g Chang's dried rice-stick (pad Thai) noodles
- 150g dried vermicelli noodles
- 100g snow peas, trimmed sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves (optional)
- Step 1Heat a wok over high heat. Add oil. Swirl to coat. Add laksa paste. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add stock, soy sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add coconut milk. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place rice stick noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water. Cook for 3 minutes. Add vermicelli and snow peas. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until noodles are tender. Drain.
- Step 3Divide noodle mixture between bowls. Top with chicken mixture, mint and coriander (if using). Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Nadia French
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas