- 25g butter
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 1 leek, pale section only, halved lengthways, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery stick (leaves included), ends trimmed, halved lengthways, coarsely chopped
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 140g (1 cup) finely chopped roast chicken
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 x 440g pkt Singapore-style noodles
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Step 1Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the carrot, leek and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the leek softens.
- Step 2Add the stock. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the chicken and thyme and simmer covered, for 3 minutes.
- Step 3Add the noodles to the pan and cook, covered, for 2 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Serve with crusty bread.
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Noerianto
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste