- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 43g packet spice mix for nasi goreng (see note)
- 2 tablespoons Alfa One rice bran oil
- 6 green onions, thickly sliced diagonally
- 400g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Step 1Cook rice in a saucepan of boiling salted water following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Cool.
- Step 2Combine nasi goreng mix and 100ml boiling water in a small bowl. Stand for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons oil in a wok over high heat. Swirl to coat. Add onion. Stir-fry for 2 minutes until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok. Add chicken. Stir-fry in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Return chicken to wok with onion, nasi goreng paste mixture and rice. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Step 4Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Break 2 eggs into pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks are still soft. Repeat with remaining eggs. Spoon rice into bowls. Sprinkle with coriander and top with eggs. Serve.
Instead of spice mix and boiling water you could combine 2 tablespoons kecap manis, 1 small red chilli, seeded, and finely chopped and 2 garlic cloves, crushed in a small bowl. Add when returning chicken to wok in step 3.
- Author: Lucy Nunes
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Super Food Ideas