- 250g packet long-life dried noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 eschalots, thinly sliced
- 450g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, diced
- 1 bunch baby pak choy, trimmed, stems sliced, leaves shredded
- 1/4 cup kecap manis
- Step 1Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 8 to 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Using a fork, separate noodles.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add oil. Swirl to coat. Stir-fry eschalots for 1 to 2 minutes or until softened. Add chicken. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through. Add pak choy stems. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until pak choy is bright green.
- Step 3Add pak choy leaves, noodles and kecap manis. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until leaves have wilted.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
To serve: We served this meal with sliced red chillies.
Super saver: Use 1 small brown onion, halved, thinly sliced instead of eschalots and save around $1.11 in total.
- Author: Jenny Fanshaw
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas