- 2 medium red capsicums (350g total), seeded, sliced into 1.5cm strips
- 1 small brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 20g drained semi-dried tomatoes, from the deli, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons drained Coles brand baby capers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Coles brand Italian red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Pinch of Coles brand chilli flakes
- 1 cup (about 40g) cubed (2cm) Coles bakery baguette (see tips)
- 1/4 cup Coles brand full cream milk
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 1 small carrot, peeled, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon Coles brand smoked paprika
- 400g Coles chicken mince
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Step 1Preheat oven to 260C or 240C fan-forced. Toss the capsicums, onion, and 1 tablespoon of the oil on a rimmed baking tray. Season with salt and roast, stirring occasionally, for about 15 mins, or until the capsicums and onion are tender and blackened in parts.
- Step 2In a medium bowl, stir the semi-dried tomatoes, capers, vinegar, garlic, chilli flakes, and the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Fold in the roasted capsicums and onion. Season to taste with salt.
- Step 3Meanwhile, to make the meatballs, combine the bread and milk in a large bowl. Set aside for 5 mins, or until bread is soggy. Using your hands, mash the bread mixture. Add the onion, carrot, garlic, paprika, and 1 teaspoon of salt, and mix until blended. Add chicken mince and gently mix until blended. Form mixture into 12 meatballs.
- Step 4Heat a large, heavy frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil. Working in batches, cook meatballs, turning occasionally, for about 12 mins per batch, or until browned all over and cooked through.
- Step 5Transfer the meatballs to 4 plates. Spoon the peperonata alongside. Sprinkle with the parsley to serve.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles