- 400g Steggles chicken mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 x 375g packet rice stick noodles
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber
- 1 small carrot, peeled
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- Step 1Combine mince, garlic, ginger, onion, breadcrumbs, hoisin sauce and soy sauce in a bowl. Season with pepper. Roll level tablespoons mixture into balls. Place on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate.
- Step 2Make salad Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 10 minutes or until tender. Separate noodles with a fork. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Transfer to a bowl. Using a vegetable peeler, cut cucumber and carrot into ribbons. Add cucumber, carrot, capsicum and sweet chilli sauce to noodle mixture. Toss gently to combine.
- Step 3Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook meatballs, turning, for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with noodle salad.
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Cooking class: Vegie ribbons: Using a vegetable peeler, carefully slice cucumber and carrot into long, very thin ribbons.
Tip: Moisten hands slightly before rolling meatballs to prevent mixture sticking.
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Super Food Ideas