- 750g chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into batons
- 200g cup mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 10 flour tortillas
- 200g fresh ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Step 1Combine chicken, oregano and lemon juice in a glass or ceramic bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Step 2Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 3Heat remaining oil in pan. Cook zucchini and mushroom for 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Return chicken to pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Step 4Meanwhile, heat tortillas following packet directions. Divide chicken mixture, ricotta and parmesan between tortillas. Serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
We heated our tortillas following the packet directions then sprayed with a little oil and cooked on a chargrill pan to give them extra colour and flavour.
You can use white corn or wholemeal tortillas instead of flour.
Nutritional information is per taco.
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Super Food Ideas