- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, chopped
- 100g rindless shortcut bacon, chopped
- 2 small leeks, trimmed, halved, washed, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/2 cup pure cream
- 3 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 800g desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 50g butter, chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- Step 1Make mash topping: Place potato in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil. Simmer over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Add butter and milk. Mash until smooth.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add chicken. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned. Add bacon, leek and thyme. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek has softened. Add wine. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until liquid has reduced by half. Add flour. Stir to coat. Add cream. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon rind and parsley.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Spoon mixture into a 6 cup-capacity oven-proof dish. Top with mash. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas