- 2 (about 225g each) single chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- Olive oil spray
- 1 large leek, trimmed, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 large (about 200g) potato, peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60ml (1/4 cup) white wine
- 185g (1 cup) fresh sweet corn kernels
- 185ml Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 190°C. Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add half the chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Step 2Place the pan over medium heat. Spray with olive oil spray to lightly grease. Add the leek, celery and potato and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the leek is soft. Add the garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Step 3Add wine and cook until liquid is almost absorbed. Stir in the chicken, corn and stock. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the liquid reduces by half. Combine the water and cornflour in a bowl. Add to chicken mixture. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and parsley.
- Step 4Divide the mixture among four 250ml (1-cup) capacity ovenproof dishes. Lightly spray 1 filo sheet with olive oil spray. Fold in half 4 times to make a square. Place on top of the chicken mixture and scrunch the edges. Repeat with the remaining filo.
- Step 5Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden. Serve with mixed salad leaves.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Cook’s tip: If you don’t have individual dishes, cook in a 1L (4-cup) capacity baking dish. Top with single layers of the filo, spraying with olive oil spray in between layers.
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste