- 1 x Gravox Mushroom & Garlic Finishing Sauce 165g
- 4 chicken schnitzels (see note)
- 60g (1 cup) panko breadcrumbs
- 25g (1/4 cup) finely grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 eggs
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Steamed kale, to serve
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Step 1Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan and parsley in a large bowl. Place the milk and eggs in a separate bowl and whisk to combine, place the flour in a third bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Dip a schnitzel into the flour to coat, shake off any excess then coat in the egg mixture and finally coat in a layer of the breadcrumbs. Repeat with remaining schnitzels.
- Step 3Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook schnitzels, for 3 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through. Meanwhile, heat Gravox Mushroom & Garlic Finishing Sauce according to packet instructions.
- Step 4Serve schnitzels with mashed potato, steamed kale (or spinach), and the mushroom & garlic sauce.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Chicken schnitzel are thinly sliced chicken breasts, available in the poultry section of your supermarket. If unable to find, cut 2 large chicken breasts through the middle to give 4 thin pieces.
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Taste.com.au