- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 roast chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded
- 100g ham slices, coarsely chopped
- 50g butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated cheddar
- 6 frozen crepes
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated mozzarella
- Small continental parsley leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Step 2Heat the oil in a small frypan over medium heat.
- Step 3Cook the leek, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Transfer cooked leeks to a large heatproof bowl. Add the chicken and ham.
- Step 4Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat until it is foaming.
- Step 5Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until the mixture bubbles.
- Step 6Remove from heat. Gradually add the milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Step 7Stir in the cheddar, season with salt and pepper. Stir the sauce into the chicken mixture. Use 4 crepes to line the base and sides of a 20cm square oven-proof dish. Top with the chicken mixture. Place the remaining crepes on top, cutting to fit.
- Step 8Arrange the tomato slices, slightly overlapping, on top. Sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Step 9Bake for 30 minutes or until the mozzarella melts. Sprinkle with the parsley leaves.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Southan, Food editor – Australian Good Taste
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Taste.com.au