- 1 roast chicken
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 3 rindless bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons shao hsing wine or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- Step 1Remove skin and meat from roast chicken. Discard skin and bones. Roughly chop flesh.
- Step 2Whisk eggs, and salt and pepper together in a jug. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a wok over medium heat until hot. Add half the egg mixture. Swirl to form a thin omelette. Cook for 2 minutes or until set. Carefully turn over. Cook for 30 seconds. Transfer omelette to a board. Repeat with remaining egg mixture. Place 1 omelette on top of the other. Roll up together. Thinly slice. Set aside.
- Step 3Add remaining oil and onion to wok. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until soft. Add bacon. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until tender. Add wine or sherry and sugar to wok. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Increase heat to high. Add chicken and peas. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Step 4Add rice, soy sauce, oyster sauce, green onions and half the egg strips to wok. Stir-fry until rice is hot. Spoon into serving bowls. Top with remaining egg strips. Serve.
- Author: Annette Forrest
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas