- 30g butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups curry sauce (from Red Curry Chicken, see related recipe)
- 200g kumara, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1/2 bunch broccolini, trimmed
- 4 cooked chicken drumsticks (from Red Curry Chicken, see related recipe)
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 5 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- sesame seeds
- Step 1Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and whisk in curry sauce. Return to heat and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sauce comes to the boil. Simmer for 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- Step 2Cook kumara and broccolini in separate microwave-safe dishes on HIGH (100%) power for 2 to 3 minutes and 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, respectively, or until just tender. Chop broccolini into pieces.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 220°C. Remove chicken meat from bone and shred. Stir chicken, kumara, broccolini and coriander into cooled sauce.
- Step 4Use a 10.5cm cutter to cut 12 circles from 3 sheets of pastry and use to line 12 x 1/2-cup muffin pans. Divide filling among pastry. Use an 8.5cm cutter to cut out 12 circles from remaining pastry. Brush 1 side of circles with egg. Place, brushed-side down, on top of pies. Press edges to seal. With a sharp knife, cut 2 slits in the top of each pie. Brush with a egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Step 5Bake in a 220°C oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas