Take a few shortcuts with this tasty chicken pie topped with mashed sweet potato.
- 700g sweet potato (kumara), peeled, coarsely chopped
- Olive oil spray
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 600g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons korma curry paste
- 2 teaspoons plain flour
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 80ml (1/3 cup) water
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Steamed green round beans, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook sweet potato in a saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to pan. Mash until smooth.
- Step 2Heat oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Sauté onion and carrot, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add chicken and stir for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Add curry paste and stir for 1 minute. Add flour and stir for 1 minute. Add tomato and water and stir. Bring to boil. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Add peas, coriander, lime juice and sugar.
- Step 3Divide curry among four 250ml (1-cup) capacity ovenproof dishes. Place on a baking tray. Top with sweet potato. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve with beans.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Sam McAdam
- Publication: Australian Good Taste
Leave a Reply