- 1801 kj Energy
- 17g Fat Total
- 4g Saturated Fat
- 10g Fibre
- 31g Protein
- 79mg Cholesterol
- 1711.96mg Sodium
- 7g Carbs (sugar)
- 33g Carbs (total)
All nutrition values are per serve
Chicken chow meinPrint Recipe
- 350g packet fresh chow mein noodles
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 400g chicken thigh fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 medium brown onion, cut into wedges
- 1 small carrot, peeled, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 410g can whole baby corn spears, drained, halved lengthways
- 100g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small baby wombok (Chinese cabbage), trimmed, roughly shredded
- 3 green onions, cut into 5cm lengths
- Step 1Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain. Using a fork, separate noodles. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 2Meanwhile, whisk cornflour and soy sauce in a jug until smooth. Stir in oyster sauce and sesame oil.
- Step 3Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil. Swirl to coat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Step 4Heat remaining oil in wok. Add brown onion. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until tender. Add carrot. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, corn and mushroom. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until corn and mushroom is just tender.
- Step 5Return chicken and juices to wok. Add sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through. Add wombok and green onion. Toss to combine. Serve on noodles.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas
Leave a Reply