- 20g butter
- 500g skinless chicken thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 4 chorizo sausages, halved, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 green capsicums, halved, seeded, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Masterfoods Cajun Seasoning
- 2 corncobs, husks and silk removed
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- Chopped fresh continental parsley, to serve
- Thinly sliced shallot, to serve
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Step 1Heat half the butter in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 2Add the chorizo to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring, or until golden. Transfer to the plate with the chicken.
- Step 3Heat remaining butter in pan. Add the capsicum and celery and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the vegetables start to soften. Add the flour, tomato paste and Cajun seasoning and cook for 1 minute.
- Step 4Use a small sharp knife to cut down the length of the corncobs to remove kernels. Add stock, corn, chicken and chorizo to pan. Stir to combine. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the mixture reduces slightly. Season with pepper. Top with parsley and shallot. Serve with rice.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Gemma Luongo
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste