- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 8 French shallots, peeled, halved
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 435ml (1 3/4 cups) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 90g (1/3 cup) tomato paste
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Cooked polenta, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a flameproof casserole dish over high heat. Cook the chicken, turning, for 4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in shallot for 2 minutes or until golden. Stir in mushroom and garlic for 1 minute. Add wine. Bring to the boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Add chicken to pan.
- Step 2Combine flour and 125ml (1/2 cup) stock in a jug. Stir in remaining stock. Add stock mixture, tomato paste and thyme to the dish. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cover. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Season.
- Step 3Meanwhile, combine the parsley, orange rind and garlic in a bowl.
- Step 4Divide the polenta and chicken mixture among plates. Sprinkle with the parsley mixture.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sonja Bernyk
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste