- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small (500g total) chicken breast fillets
- 500g broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup pistachio dukkah (see note)
- 120g baby spinach
- Step 1Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium- high heat. Cook chicken for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Stand for 5 minutes. Slice. Wipe pan clean.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place broccoli in a large, heatproof microwave- safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons cold water. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender.
- Step 3Combine lemon rind, lemon juice and remaining oil in a bowl.
- Step 4Place pine nuts in frying pan over medium heat. Cook, tossing, for 2 minutes or until toasted. Transfer to a bowl. Add dukkah to pan. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add chicken, broccoli and pine nuts to pan. Toss for 1 to 2 minutes or until coated. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Step 5Add spinach and dressing to chicken and season. Toss to combine. Serve.
- Heart friendly
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
Dukkah is a blend of nuts, sesame seeds, herbs and spices. It is found in the spice aisle.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Sam McAdam-Cooper
- Publication: Super Food Ideas