- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 4 large roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1cm pieces
- 250g flat mushrooms, stems trimmed, sliced
- 4 (125g each) chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 150g baby spinach
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray an ovenproof casserole dish with oil. Combine garlic, onions, tomatoes, eggplant and mushrooms in dish. Spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover. Bake for 20 minutes. Stir vegetables. Return to oven, placing a baking tray on shelf above vegetables. Heat tray for 3 minutes or until hot.
- Step 2Spray both sides of chicken with oil. Remove tray from oven and spray lightly with oil. Place chicken on hot tray. Bake chicken, above vegetables, for 12 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken from oven. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Meanwhile, turn oven off. Leave vegetables in oven.
- Step 3Stir spinach into vegetables. Spoon vegetables into bowls. Thickly slice chicken. Season with pepper. Serve with vegetables.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Veronica Cuskelly
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas