- 1-2 tablespoons store-bought laksa paste
- 4 cups (1 litre) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 2 chicken breast fillets, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 200g vermicelli noodles
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 tofu puffs, sliced
- bean sprouts, trimmed, to serve
- green onions, finely sliced, to serve
- coriander leaves, to serve
- Step 1Place a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the laksa paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Stir in chicken stock and coconut cream.
- Step 2Bring to a simmer, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Step 3Meanwhile, place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Drain and set aside.
- Step 4Stir the lime juice, fish sauce and brown sugar through the laksa mixture. Add the tofu.
- Step 5To serve, divide noodles between large serving bowls. Pour over the chicken laksa mixture and top with bean sprouts, green onion and coriander. Serve immediately.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Tofu puffs are available from Asian grocery stores. Use sliced, firm tofu if unavailable. As brands vary, if you’re uncertain about the heat of the laksa paste check the instructions on the jar. If you like it extra hot, sprinkle with chopped fresh red chilli to serve.
- Author: Kate Murdoch
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Taste.com.au