- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Alfa One rice bran oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 150g chicken mince
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, halved lengthways, sliced diagonally
- 1 bunch snake beans, cut into 6cm lengths (see note)
- 1/2 (900g) wombok (Chinese cabbage), roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Step 1Combine oyster sauce, fish sauce and sugar in a small jug. Heat a wok over high heat. Add oil. Swirl to coat. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Step 2Add five spice and mince. Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until mince is almost cooked through. Add carrot and beans. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until carrot is just tender.
- Step 3Add oyster sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add wombok. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until wombok is tender. Top with sesame seeds. Serve with rice.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
You could use 100g green beans, halved, instead of snake beans.
- Author: Michelle Noerianto
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Super Food Ideas