- 630g pkt ricotta & roast vegetable tortellini
- 80g (1/2 cup) frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 150g sliced leg ham, coarsely chopped
- 300ml ctn thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 100g (1 cup) shredded cooked chicken
- 40g (1/2 cup) coarsely grated smoked cheddar
- 55g (3/4 cup) fresh breadcrumbs
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook tortellini in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions. Add the peas in the last 30 seconds of cooking. Drain and return to the pan.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion and ham, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the cream and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Combine the cornflour and water in a bowl. Add to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Season with pepper.
- Step 3Stir the sauce and chicken into the tortellini mixture. Transfer to a 2L (8-cup) capacity baking dish. Sprinkle with the cheddar and breadcrumbs. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste