- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 3 cups (375g) wholemeal penne pasta
- 300ml light thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 cups shredded barbecued chicken
- 150g smooth reduced-fat ricotta
- Baby spinach, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line 1 large baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin, in a single layer, on prepared tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Add pumpkin, cream, mustard and chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Preheat grill on high. Spoon pasta mixture into a greased 6cm-deep, 8 cup capacity baking dish. Dollop with ricotta. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden. Serve with spinach.
- Low sodium
Super saver: Use 330g chicken thigh fillets, pan-fried and chopped, instead of BBQ and save around $1.51 in total.
- Author: Abi Ulgiati
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Super Food Ideas