- 1 Roast Chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded
- 1 x 420g can corn kernels, drained
- 160g (2 cups) coarsely grated cheddar
- 100g semi-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 x 400g pkt Old El Paso Burrito Tortillas
- 2 avocados, halved,stones removed, peeled
- 90g (1/3 cup) natural yoghurt
- 8-10 drops red Tabasco pepper sauce
- Sour cream, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine the chicken, corn, cheddar, tomato, shallot and chopped coriander in a bowl.
- Step 2Place the tortillas on a clean work surface. Divide chicken mixture among the tortillas. Fold in half to enclose the filling and press down firmly to secure.
- Step 3Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add 3 or 4 of the filled tortillas and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a baking tray and place in the oven to keep warm. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with the remaining tortillas, reheating the pan between batches.
- Step 4Meanwhile, place the avocado in a medium bowl. Use a fork to mash until smooth. Stir in the yoghurt and Tabasco.
- Step 5Arrange quesadillas on a serving platter with the avocado mixture and sour cream. Top with coriander leaves to serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Southan
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Australian Good Taste