- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small carrot, peeled, finely diced
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 185ml can Carnation Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 cob of corn, kernels removed or 125g can sweet corn kernels, drained
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- olive oil cooking spray
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add carrot and chicken. Cook for 8 minutes or until chicken is just cooked. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle flour over mixture. Cook for 1 minute, stirring until well combined. Slowly add evaporated milk, stirring constantly until mixture comes to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Add mustard and corn. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Step 2Spoon chicken mixture into four 1-cup capacity baking dishes. Place one sheet of filo pastry onto a flat surface. Cut into 4 strips lengthwise and spray with olive oil spray. Scrunch each pastry strip and place 1 piece over each chicken pie filling. Place baking dishes onto a baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and crisp. Serve.
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Taste.com.au