- 2035 kj Energy
- 14.1g Fat Total
- 5.4g Saturated Fat
- 4.1g Fibre
- 46.6g Protein
- 119mg Cholesterol
- 810mg Sodium
- 41.3g Carbs (total)
Chicken and chorizo traybakePrint Recipe
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced
- 4 (150g each) small chicken breast fillets
- 2 teaspoons mild paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 baby (petite) capsicums, halved, seeded (see note)
- 250g cherry tomatoes, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo. Cook, turning, for 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with paprika. Add chicken to pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with golden syrup. Add red onion, capsicum, cherry tomatoes and chorizo to tray. Transfer to oven.
- Step 2Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Drizzle with vinegar and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with crusty bread.
Find baby (petite) capsicums in the fruit and vegetable section of large supermarkets, or use 1 large chopped red capsicum.
Green it up! Add a couple of sliced zucchini to the baking tray with the onions.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Craig Wall & Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas