- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded, cut into thin strips
- 1 Roast Chicken, bones and skin removed
- 2 x 230g pkts garlic and coriander naan bread
- 120g (1/3 cup) mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander, to serve
- 90g (1/3 cup) thick natural yoghurt, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and capsicum and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the onion softens. Shred the meat from the chicken.
- Step 2Divide naan between two baking trays. Spread with mango chutney. Top with chicken and onion mixture. Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Step 3Sprinkle the pizzas with coriander and top with a dollop of yoghurt. Serve.
More options: Ham Turkish bread pizzas: Omit naan and chicken. Preheat grill on high. Toast 1 x 430g loaf Turkish bread, split, halved crossways, under the grill. Spread cut sides with 280g (1 cup) pizza sauce. Top with onion mixture and 200g shaved ham, coarsely chopped. Sprinkle with 140g (11/3 cups) coarsely grated mozzarella. Cook under grill for 2-3 minutes or until the mozzarella melts. Top with baby rocket to serve.
Anchovy, onion & olive tart: Omit capsicum and chicken. Preheat oven to 200°C. Increase oil to 1 tbs olive oil. Replace red onion with 2 brown onions, thinly sliced. Cook onion for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Place 1 sheet (25cm x 25cm) frozen ready-rolled puff pastry, just thawed, on a baking tray. Prick the pastry all over with a fork. Spread with onion. Top with 1 x 45g can anchovy fillets, drained, and 55g (1/3 cup) pitted kalamata olives, halved. Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Sprinkle with 1 tbs fresh thyme leaves to serve.
Semi-dried tomato & bocconcini pizzas: Replace the naan with 2 pieces Lebanese bread. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the bread on a baking tray. Spread with the onion mixture. Top with 70g (1/3 cup) semi-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped, and 100g bocconcini, thinly sliced. Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until the bocconcini melts and the base is golden and crisp. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup shredded fresh basil leaves to serve.
- Author: Tracy Rutherford
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Australian Good Taste