- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Alfa One rice bran oil
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, halved
- 410g can baby corn, drained, rinsed, halved lengthways
- 440g shelf-stable hokkien noodles
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted cashew nuts
- Step 1Combine hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger and dry sherry (if using) in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add chicken. Stir to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Step 2Heat a wok over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil. Swirl to coat. Add half the chicken mixture. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with oil and remaining chicken mixture.
- Step 3Heat remaining oil in wok. Swirl to coat. Add onion. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until softened. Add broccolini and 1 tablespoon cold water. Cover for 30 seconds. Add corn. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until broccolini is bright green and just tender. Return chicken and any juices to wok. Add noodles and cashews. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Penny Clay
- Publication: Super Food Ideas