- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (about 800g) chicken thigh cutlets
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 anchovies, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine
- 400g can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (85g) pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1 cup (150g) broad beans, thawed, peeled
- Pasta or steamed rice, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat oil in a roasting pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 2Add onion, garlic and anchovies to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens and anchovies dissolve. Add the chicken and pour over the wine. Bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until wine reduces by half. Add tomato, tomato paste and olives and stir to combine. Remove from heat. Cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens. Remove from oven and add the broad beans. Set aside for 5 minutes to heat through.
- Step 3Spoon evenly among serving plates. Serve with pasta or rice, if desired.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
A more succulent and flavoursome cut than the breast, chicken thighs are ideal for casseroles.
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Notebook: