- 2 (about 400g) single chicken breast fillets
- 1 x 125g can corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 1 x 400g can diced roma tomatoes, drained
- 1 small fresh green chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 4 flour burrito wraps (Old El Paso brand)
- 1/2 small ripe avocado, stone removed, peeled, mashed
- 12 cos lettuce leaves, washed, dried, finely shredded
- Step 1Place the chicken in a medium saucepan and cover with hot water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until tender and cooked through. Remove from heat. Transfer chicken to a plate lined with paper towel. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool and drain. Use a fork to roughly shred the chicken.
- Step 2Combine the corn, tomato, chilli and coriander in large bowl.
- Step 3Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add a burrito wrap and cook for 1 minute each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining wraps.
- Step 4Spread wraps with avocado. Divide chicken evenly among wraps and roll up tightly to enclose filling. Cut wraps in half.
- Step 5Place the lettuce on serving plates. Top with chicken & avocado tortilla wraps and serve with the corn salsa.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jane Charlton
- Image credit: Amanda McLauchlan
- Publication: Australian Good Taste