- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 125g butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Step 1Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper.
- Step 2Combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl. Place butter, syrup and 2 tablespoons cold water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir for 2 minutes or until butter has melted. Stir in bicarbonate of soda. Stir butter mixture into oat mixture.
- Step 3Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on trays, 5cm apart. Flatten slightly. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden (see note). Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve.
For crisp Anzac biscuits, cook for 15 to 16 minutes.
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas