- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 x 250g punnets cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 sheets (25 x 25cm) ready-rolled frozen butter puff pastry, just thawed
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 60g soft feta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Combine the sugar and vinegar in a small bowl. Pour a little of the vinegar mixture into six 9cm-round (base measurement) tart tins (don’t use removable base tins as liquid will seep).
- Step 2Place a sprig of thyme into each tart tin and top with the cherry tomatoes. Pack the tomatoes into the tins firmly.
- Step 3Cut the puff pastry into six 12cm squares. Fold the edges of each square of pastry under to form a rough round and press firmly on to the cherry tomatoes. Continue for each tart. Place the tarts on an oven tray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and puffed. Remove from oven and set aside for 3-5 minutes to cool slightly. Turn out quickly on to an oven tray.
- Step 4Place the spinach and feta in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately with the cherry tomato tarte tartins.
This recipe also works well as a large tart. Use a lamington pan and join the puff pastry together, tucking the edges under. Cover the rest of the puff pastry in plastic wrap and freeze for later use.
- Author: Michelle Noerianto
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Notebook: