- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 150g baby spinach, steamed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 1/3 cup (30g) grated parmesan
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 125g butter, chilled, cubed
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh continental parsley
- Step 1To make the pastry, process the flour, butter and salt until fine crumbs form. Add the egg yolk, herbs and 3 tablespoons water and process until it comes together. Knead until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Step 2Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface and use it to line a 35cm x 11cm rectangle flan tin with removable base. Trim the edge. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the tomatoes on the tray, drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Step 4Line the base of a tray with non-stick baking paper and fill with rice or baking beans. Place on the tray and bake for 15 minutes. Remove paper and rice.
- Step 5Line pastry with steamed spinach and tomatoes. Whisk eggs and cream together. Pour over the filling. Sprinkle over the parmesan. Bake until just set.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Mary Wills
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Fresh Living