- 250g cherries, pitted
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 3 egg whites
- 100g white chocolate, finely chopped
- Pitted fresh cherries, to serve
- Silver cachous, to serve
- Flaked coconut, to serve
- Step 1Grease a 7.5cm-deep, 10.5cm x 25.5cm (top) loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing 3cm overhang on all sides. Roughly chop cherries. Place on a plate lined with paper towel. Pat dry.
- Step 2Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks, vanilla and sugar together for 2 to 3 minutes or until thick and creamy. Wash and dry beaters. Beat cream in a separate bowl until soft peaks form. Wash and dry beaters. Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Step 3Gently fold cream, cherries and white chocolate into egg yolk mixture. Fold egg white, in 2 batches, into cream mixture.
- Step 4Spoon into prepared pan. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight or until firm. Set aside for 5 minutes to soften. Turn onto a plate. Top with cherries, cachous and coconut. Serve.
- High protein
- Low sodium
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas