- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup flaked almonds
- 1/4 cup currants
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chermoula spice rub (we used Zest brand)
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 12 (70g each) lamb cutlets
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add coconut, almonds, currants and 1 teaspoon of chermoula rub. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until coconut just turns golden.
- Step 2Add rice. Stir to combine. Add 3 cups of cold water. Bring to the boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat. Set aside for 12 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Step 3Meanwhile, rub cutlets with remaining chermoula. Season with salt and pepper. Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook cutlets, in batches, for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove to a plate. Serve cutlets with pilaf and lemon wedges.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Noerianto
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas