- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- pinch chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 limes, juiced
- 100ml olive oil
- 4 (200g each) snapper fillets, skin removed
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 3 ripe tomatoes, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Step 1Wash coriander. Separate 3 stalks from bunch. Roughly chop leaves and roots and place in a food processor. Add cumin, paprika, chilli, garlic, 1/4 cup lime juice and 2 tablespoons oil. Process until smooth. Pour spice mixture into a ceramic dish.
- Step 2Add fish and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Pick leaves from remaining coriander and reserve.
- Step 3Meanwhile, combine chickpeas, capsicum, tomato, onion, mushrooms, 2 tablespoons lime juice and 2 tablespoons oil in a bowl. Season with pepper. Toss gently to combine.
- Step 4Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook fish pieces for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Step 5Spoon salad onto plates. Top with fish. Sprinkle over coriander leaves. Serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Noerianto
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas