- 375g dried fusilli pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 175g shortcut bacon rashers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 425g can Heinz Big red condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated pizza cheese
- 1/2 cup grilled capsicum, roughly chopped (see note)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, plus extra, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Grease an 8-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook for 10 minutes or until onion has softened and bacon is golden. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add soup and milk. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup cheese.
- Step 3Add capsicum, parsley and soup mixture to pasta. Stir to combine. Spoon into prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Serve.
To make grilled capsicum: Preheat grill on high. Quarter 2 medium red and 2 medium yellow capsicums. Remove and discard seeds and membrane. Place skin-side up on a large baking tray lined with foil. Lightly spray with olive oil. Grill for 10 minutes or until tender and skins are black. Transfer to snap-lock bag. Set aside for 10 minutes. Peel and discard skin from capsicum. Set aside to cool.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Craig Wall & Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas