- 250g dried fusilli pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 300mls reduced-fat thickened cooking cream
- 1 cup reduced-fat grated pizza cheese
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Step 2Add garlic, eggs, cream and half the cheese. Stir to combine. Spoon mixture into a 6 cup-capacity baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden (see tip).
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Tip: If making Roast chicken with lemon and olives, add gratin to oven for the last 30 minutes of chicken cooking time.
Super saver: Use grated tasty cheese in the gratin instead of pizza cheese and save around $1.16 in total.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas