- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups pizza cheese, grated
- 8 flour tortillas
- Lime halves, to serve
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven 200C/180C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Step 2Combine chicken, tomato, onion, coriander, cumin, lime juice and pizza cheese in a bowl.
- Step 3Heat a chargrill pan over medium heat. Grill each tortilla on 1 side for 1 minute or until golden and lightly charred. Place 1 tortilla on 1 prepared tray. Top with 1/4 of the chicken mixture. Sandwich with 1 remaining tortilla. Repeat with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture, placing 2 quesadillas on each prepared baking tray. Cover with foil.
- Step 4Bake for 2 minutes. Uncover. Bake for a further 2 minutes or until golden and melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with lime halves and coriander sprigs.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
Add an extra $1… to buy a spicy sour cream dipping sauce. Combine sour cream, hot chilli sauce and finely chopped coriander.
- Author: Heidi Flett
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas